Monday, December 26, 2016

Holiday Bookish Haul

This past two weeks have been packed full of holiday celebrations for my friends and family, both in person and long-distance.  Last weekend, my partner and I spent the weekend visiting my friends in Washington DC, and their adorable 9-month old daughter Leelee.  My friend's husband cooked a 20lb pork leg in his smoker, and it was possibly the most delicious thing I've ever eaten!  Feasting, visiting, and gifting were the order of the day.

Are you on Litsy yet?  It's a social media app that combines the best of Instagram and Goodreads, with a community of tolerant, thoughtful, and caring bibliophiles.  December 21 was the Winter Solstice, and the day that all participants in the Litsy Secret Santa/Winter Solstice Book Exchange could open their gifts. 

Finally, Christmas Day was spent, first, with my partner and I enjoying a quiet breakfast of homemade bagels, quiche, and tea.  As is tradition with us, we watched at least two run-throughs of A Christmas Story on TV.  Later in the day, we gathered with family to share a large meal, play board games, and exchange gifts.  I must have been on Santa's Good List, because I received so many wonderful things.  Here are my bookish goodies in total -


  1. How the Scots Invented the Modern World by Arthur Herman
  2. In Spite of Everything by Curtis Robbins
  3. Persephone Books book token for a future purchase
  4. The Greek Coffin Mystery by Ellery Queen
  5. Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie
  6. March: Trilogy Slipcase Edition by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell
  7. A Woman Looking at Men Looking at Women by Siri Hustvedt
  8. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank




Librorum annis